Monday, February 14, 2011

Duality - A year later

So it has been a year since I last posted a poem on this little gem. I guess you could say life got in the way. I have only recently returned to poetry--its short yet simple expression embracing me once again. ((I guess I have become more artsy too?)) Anyway. This poem is more based around syllables and rhythm than a specific idea.

Duality
The rain falls silently in the busy city:
Dripping, soaking, darkening the masses' spirits.
Ominous clouds over head on a sunny day;
Waiting for the rainbow to cover the sky.
No end is in sight; no beginning to recall.

A glint, a glimmer, a reflection of the sky:
The mirror of the soul, the eye of the likeness,
Never looking past the outside of the structure.
We are trapped inside by our fears and our regrets;
Looking out at the structures's reflective surface.

We see ourselves, we see the rain: falling, crashing.
Wishing and waiting for the sun to reappear;
Hope brought by a double rainbow is redemption,
And nothing to do but simply wait.
The rain falls silently in here; the dark clouds loom.

No comments: