Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Answer

The Answer is an awesome song by Joe Iconis. From his fail musical, The Black Suits. It is an amazing song. I love it. You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c8j0g2B8Es Anyway, there is this one line I love and so I wrote a poem about it. The poem is sort of random and I feel like it is just a lot of random words thrown together to make a vague idea of sense. Also, the lines are really long. Which is abnormal for me. But anyways, here it is. The Answer: or lack there of.

The Answer
Eternal words echoing endlessly, never hearing always understanding:
Maybe for once I’ll really try, or fuck it all and just get high
Cause that’s an answer… feels like an answer.
It seems so true and distant and fake and irrelevant;
Getting high is never an option and yet
It all seems so real, so relevant, so in your face.
It’s not defying, rather being, rather trying.
Finding the answer is a hopeless venture:
A tireless, hopeless venture we still yearn after, always hoping.
I don’t know, I’ll never know, I don’t want to know
Anything and everything and the answer.
Death is the meaningless void with which we fill eternity
And the answer can only be found in that instant:
Stuck between the two ideas of now and eternity.

No comments: